The Kenyan passport has been digitized, you can now easily apply, replace or renew it online. To do this, you will need to apply for your Passport on the e-citizen platform.
Using the online portal e-citizen, you can easily apply for a Kenyan passport. The process is simple.
How to apply for a Kenyan passport
- Visit the e-citizen portal www.ecitizen.go.ke
- Click on the services sections on the menu segments
- Click on Department of immigration services
- Click on the Passport Application form.
- Follow the instructions and fill the application form.
- Select the payment mode
- Pay for the passport fees using Safaricom M-Pesa, Debit Card, Credit Card, Prepaid Debit Card, Airtel Money and eCitizen Agent.
- Download and print the application form and three application receipts.
- Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices either at Nyayo House in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Kisii, Eldoret, and Embu
Once you are done filling out the details, you will then be required to book an appointment on the eCitizen platform as well as the immigration centre where you want to submit your application.
Requirements during submission of your passport application
- The above eCitizen filled passport application form together with three receipts of the payments.
- Original birth certificate with a photocopy.
- Original National ID Card with the photocopy.
- Three copies of passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Old passport for replacement.
- For applicants below the age of 18 years, the parents or legal guardian’s written consent must be provided.
- Parents National ID cards copies or Death Certificate if deceased.
Charges for a Kenyan Passport
- A series (32 pages) – Ksh. 4,550
- B series (48 pages) – Ksh. 6,050
- C series (64 pages) – Ksh. 7,550
- Diplomatic – Ksh. 7,550
The Kenya Passport will be available for collection 30 days after successful application.