When applying for a job, most companies in Kenya especially the government sectors and NGO’s request a certificate of good conduct.
The document is important as it is used to certify that an individual’s record in the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) is good.
Requirements for applying for a certificate of good conduct
To get a certificate of good conduct you will be required to have the following;
- An eCitizen account.
- An original ID card or birth certificate for applicants below 18 years.
- Copies of the identification documents.
- A fee of Ksh 1050 for the application
How to apply for certificate of good conduct
- Log in to your eCitizen account on ecitizen.go.ke using your username (your email address) and password.
- On the dashboard click “Get Service Now”
- Choose “Directorate of Criminal Investigations.”
- The next page will come with a list of options. Click on Police Clearance Certificate.
- A form will then appear prompting you to choose what type of application you are making. Choose ‘Adult’ or ‘Child’ accordingly. Click the apply button.
- Follow the procedures indicated i.e enter your location, nearest huduma centre for application and also set the date to visit for the fingerprint processing.
- Next, select the payment mode to pay Ksh. 1,050 for the good conduct certificate.
- Download certificate of good conduct then print two copies of the payment invoice and a copy of the C24 form on both sides of the A4 paper.
Proceed to present the document to the CID offices. You are required to carry the invoice, C24 document, and an original identification document to CID offices in your locale where they will take fingerprint and processing.