The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) rolled out the new generation smart driving license back in 2018 also known as the new generation driving license.
The license resembles a national ID, however it has biometric, signature and blood group details of the driver. The license can be procured online through NTSA’s Citizen self-service portal, the Transport Integrated Management Systems (TIMS).
- Log in to TIMS account, if you don’t have create it by following these steps on how to open one
- Once logged in to your account
- A Verification Code will be sent to your phone number. Enter the code and click sign in.
- Click on Driving License Tab
- Click on Apply for Smart DL and click the next button at the bottom of the page.
- Click Pay Button and make payment, you will be required to pay Sh3050 via M-Pesa for the new smart Kenyan driving license.
- On the redirected page, click the print button and then click save to download a pdf of the invoice for security and reference purposes.
- Finally, book an appointment date and when your biometrics (fingerprint scans) as well as the signature will be taken by selecting the collection location.