The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) rolled out the new generation smart driving license back in 2018 also known as the new generation driving license.
The license resembles a national ID, however it has biometric, signature and blood group details of the driver. The license can be procured online through NTSA’s Citizen self-service portal, the Transport Integrated Management Systems (TIMS).
- Log in to TIMS account, if you don’t have create it by following these steps on how to open one
- Once logged in to your account
- A Verification Code will be sent to your phone number. Enter the code and click sign in.
- Click on Driving License Tab
- Click on Apply for Smart DL and click the next button at the bottom of the page.
- Click Pay Button and make payment, you will be required to pay Sh3050 via M-Pesa for the new smart Kenyan driving license.
- On the redirected page, click the print button and then click save to download a pdf of the invoice for security and reference purposes.
- Finally, book an appointment date and when your biometrics (fingerprint scans) as well as the signature will be taken by selecting the collection location.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.