Bolt Kenya allows a bodaboda rider to join the mobile app hailing company to offer tech-oriented transport solution.
Bodaboda riders can easily partner with Bolt by registering their motorbike with them and once accepted into the program are able to access a number of customers.
Bolt has Boda ride services in Nairobi, Kisumu, Eldoret, Kitale Nakuru, Kakamega and Naivasha.
You will need to meet the following requirements to complete your sign up and be accepted as a Boda Boda driver:
- Driver Passport photo
- National ID Card
- Motorcycle Driving Licence (Class A)
- Police Clearance Certificate.
- 2017 or newer bike model
- PSV Insurance
- Bike logbook/Sales Agreement
- Photo of the bike from behind showing the number plate
- 2 reflectors and 2 helmets.
Note: All bike models are acceptable as long as they are in good condition.
Your motorbike will also need to meet certain conditions before your application can be accepted. Depending on the area of operation, your Motorbike should meet certain standards set for riders in the given region.
Motorbike required conditions for Bolt Boda riders
- Bike must be a 2010 or newer model
- Bike must seat one passenger
How to apply and become a Bolt Boda Rider
- For one to be able to apply for Bolt boda partnership, one is required to signup and submit the application by uploading the required documents on the Bolt website here
- Register your contact information and preferred city
- Your motorbike must also meet Bolt minimum requirements before you can make an application.
- Once your account has been reviewed and your documents accepted, you will be invited to attend training either online or at our local offices.