Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) mobile banking allows Safaricom Mpesa users to send money to their KCB bank account using the KCB paybill number 522522.
You need to be a registered KCB Mobi Bank user to send money from your M-Pesa account to KCB account. If you already have a KCB account, you only need to download the KCB Mobi Bank application form and fill it.
Then submit the form at the nearest KCB bank branch or at a KCB Mtaani agent. KCB has no charges for all Mpesa to KCB deposit transactions. However, Safaricom mpesa charges for sending money will apply.
To deposit money to KCB via Mpesa for free (without paying the Mpesa transaction charges), open a KCB M-Benki account (which is actually opening a KCB account through M-Pesa).
With M-Benki, you can deposit money to KCB via MPESA at any KCB Mtaani agent for free.
Deposit to KCB Bank via Mpesa
- Go to your M-PESA toolkit
- Choose Paybill option
- Enter KCB paybill number 522522
- Then enter your KCB account number
- Enter the amount to send
- Then enter your M-PESA PIN
- Confirm that all details you have entered are correct, then send the money
- Wait for the MPESA transaction confirmation SMS