You can easily make your monthly contributions to NHIF through M-Pesa Paybill number 200222. The contributions for the voluntary and self-employed is Kshs 500 per month.
How to Make Your NHIF Contributions Via M-Pesa
- Go to the M-Pesa menu and select the Lipa na M-Pesa option.
- Select the Pay Bill option.
- Enter NHIF Business Number 200222.
- Enter Account Number – this is the contributor’s National Identity Card Number.
- Enter the amount you wish to send and press okay.
- Enter your M-Pesa Pin
- Confirm if the details are correct then press okay
- After successful submission, you will receive a confirmation SMS from M-Pesa.
How to Check Your NHIF Status
For existing members, you can check your NHIF Account status on your phone easily;
- Compose a new SMS
- Type the letters “ID”, space, then your ID number (or passport number if applicable) e.g ID 12345678
- Send to 21101
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.