MPESA global is a service that enables MPesa registered customers to send and receive money globally using their phones.
The customers will be able to send money to other MPesa registered numbers within East Africa (Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda), Bank Accounts, and Western Union locations globally and also to PayPal mobile money service.
M-PESA registered customers will receive the funds from abroad on their MPesa account. MPesa has partnered with other money transfer services like MoneyGram and Western Union to ensure that the customers receive money free of any costs.
Sending money on MPESA Global using USSD
- Opt-in for the service by dialing *840# on your Safaricom line
- Accept terms and conditions to opt-in
- Select ‘send money abroad’ and follow the steps
- Customer will receive M-PESA SMS and another SMS with the MTCN from M-PESA Global which should be shared with the Recipient
Sending money using MySafaricom App
- Go to My Safaricom app
- Select M-PESA
- Select M-PESA Global
- Accept terms and conditions to opt in
- Select the method to use to Send money and follow the steps
- You will receive a confirmation message for the transaction.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to email@example.com.