Telegram has now made it easier for users considering to switch from Whatsapp after rolling out the ability to import existing WhatsApp chats.
Telegram has since seen its subscribers’ surging following the privacy concerns. The new feature works for both personal and group chats for both text and media including videos, images, and documents.
If you’re looking to make the move, the process is quite simple to follow.
How to Export WhatsApp Chats to Telegram
Using On Android
- Open WhatsApp
- Click any Chat – Group or individual chat
- Tap the top right three-dot menu and select More
- Tap Export Chat and select Telegram from the Share menu.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Contact Info or Group Info page
- Tap Export Chat, then choose Telegram in the Share menu.
Experts have also recommended Signal as the most secure chat app, which also gained a lot of users who were moving away from WhatsApp.