Meta, the parent company of popular social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, has unveiled its latest offering called Threads.
This new app is positioned as a text-based Twitter competitor and aims to provide users with a fresh way to engage with online communities.
With recent concerns over Twitter’s limitations on tweet reading and the growing interest in alternative platforms, Threads has garnered significant attention.
While other platforms like Bluesky are still in beta testing, Threads is set to be more widely accessible, requiring only an Instagram account to use.
How to join Threads
How to Get an Invitation: To secure an invitation to Threads, users need to follow these steps on the Instagram app:
- Open the Instagram app and navigate to the Explore page by tapping the magnifying glass icon in the bottom left corner.
- Search for “Threads” in the search bar.
- Look for a small ticket emoji appearing on the far right and tap on it.
- Your Threads invitation will be visible, containing your username, launch date and time, a QR code, a numeric code, and a “Get Threads” button.
- Tapping the “Get Threads” button will take you to the App Store or Play Store.
Features and Expectations
Threads aims to provide users with a new avenue for online interactions and conversations.
While details about the app’s features are not yet fully disclosed, it is expected to offer a text-based platform that allows users to engage with various communities.
At present, the Threads username will be the same as the user’s Instagram username, but it remains to be seen if there will be an option to change it.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.