A passport is used to verify one’s country of citizenship, its is used to show in other nations that you are a legal citizen of a particular nation of origin.
This is especially when one is travelling outside the country. You can easily apply for a passport online in Kenya by following the steps below:
Applying for a passport in Kenya
- Visit www.immigration.ecitizen.go.ke
- Register or login with your eCitizen account.
- Fill online application.
- Scan and upload the required documents.
- Pay the prescribed fee.
- Book an appointment.
- Print duly completed application form and two invoices.
- Attached copies of required documents.
- Submission and bio-metrics (on the appointment date)
Not forgetting that the passport application fees does shift depending on the type of passport subjected in the process.
Some of the types of passports include: ordinary passports, diplomatic passports, mutilated passport, and lost passports all ranging in prices as per the diversity.
During the Submission You Will Need The Following;
- An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card & copy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommender’s ID Card copy.
- Consent letter for minors.
- Old passport for replacement.
- Parents National ID cards and copy.
|PASSPORT TYPE||Fee (Kshs)|
|32 Pages Ordinary “A” Series||Kshs. 4,550|
|48 pages Ordinary “B” Series||Kshs. 6,050|
|64 Pages Ordinary “C” Series||Kshs. 7,550|
|East African Passport||Kshs. 990|
|Diplomatic passport (48 page)||Kshs 7,550|
|Mutilated Passport||Kshs 10,050|
|Lost Passport||Kshs 12,050|
PASSPORT OFFICE CENTRE
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to email@example.com.