Shares, units of equity ownership in a corporation. Safaricom shares can be bought either online or one would also place a manual order with the stock broker of their choice.
The modes of payment for the shares can either be by cash, Mpesa, Bonga points.
The shares can be bought through two ways;
- Through your stockbroker.
How to purchase Safaricom shares via Stockbroker
However, one must have a CDS account to be able to buy Safaricom shares in Kenya. A CDS account is a virtual account-almost like your MPpesa account -where your shares are stored. Steps to opening a CDS account involve,
- Visit any central Bank of Kenya branch or your preferred stockbroker.
- Present the following documents as requirements to open CDS account in Kenya or to your broker: 2 recent passports size photographs.
- Original national ID.
- Bank statement or Utility Bill.
- You will fill in a given form (CDS1) and get your CDS account number.
How to purchase Safaricom shares online:
- Log in to your online shares trading up
- Fund the account by adding cash via MPESA
- Click buy shares
- Scroll to select Safaricom shares.
- Enter the quantity needed and set the price limit, if necessary.
- Confirm the order.
How to become a member after buying shares in Safaricom:
- Purchase a minimum of 500 shares at 52.5ksh.
- Pay a non-refundable admission fee of 10,000ksh
- Total to pay is 36,500ksh.
- Fill in a registration form and attach a passport photo, copy of ID, copy of your KRA pin and proof of payment.
- Minimum monthly contribution is 3000kshs.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to email@example.com.