If you’re looking to apply for the new digital number plates from the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA), here are the steps you need to follow:
How To Apply For The New NTSA Digital Number Plates In Kenya
- Visit the NTSA TIMS portal at https://tims.ntsa.go.ke/login_csp.jsp and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, create one by clicking on the “Register an Account” button.
- Once you’re logged in, select the “Vehicle Registration” option from the menu.
- On the next page, select “Apply for Number Plate” and choose whether you want a personalized or standard number plate.
- If you’ve chosen a personalized number plate, enter your preferred combination of letters and numbers. Make sure that your combination is available and meets the requirements set by the NTSA.
- Choose the plate counter collection office
- After entering the necessary details, click on the “Submit” button.
- You will then be required to pay for the number plates using M-PESA or a credit card.
- Once payment is confirmed, you’ll receive a notification confirming that your digital number plates are ready for collection.
- Visit the NTSA offices in person to collect your number plates. You’ll be required to bring your identification documents and proof of payment.
NTSA will alert you via SMS or Email when the number plate is ready for collection. It takes 7 days to get the new number plates.