TSC number is a number given to a qualified teacher who has been registered and awarded a certificate of registration by the Teachers Service Commission. Below are the steps to follow to get a TSC number.
Documents required for registration.
Before proceeding with the registration, you must have the following scanned documents at hand to make the process easier.
- All original academic certificates i.e., Primary, Secondary, and University/College.
- University/college transcripts
- Passport size photo of yourself
- Bank slip for the registration fee paid
- GP69 form and valid certificate of good conduct
- KRA Pin
- Work permits for non-Kenyan citizens.
The registration fee paid is non-refundable. The charges are Ksh1055 for the original certificate and Ksh2055 for a duplicate certificate.
How to register and apply for a TSC Number
All applications are done online and the procedure is as follows;
- Visit the TSC website tsc.go.ke
- Enter your ID/Passport and surname and click next
- Fill in the personal details required i.e., KRA pin, Email and Physical address and phone number
- Fill in all the spaces provided correctly and upload the earlier scanned documents where required.
- Once you have submitted the request a TSC number is assigned to you within a month.
To check whether you have successfully been assigned a TSC number click the ‘teacher registration status’ tab on the TSC website and enter your National ID number to check.
The certificate containing the TSC Number is sent to the physical address you provided during registration. If the certificate isn’t issued within a month contact the commission for further clarifications.