It’s easy to make a mistake when sending money to someone. You might accidentally type in the wrong phone number, or you might send the money to the wrong account.
If you’ve sent money to the wrong Safaricom till number, don’t panic! There are a few things you can do to try to get your money back.
1. Contact the recipient
The first thing you should do is try to contact the person who received your money. Explain that you made a mistake and ask them to send the money back to you. If they’re cooperative, this is the easiest way to get your money back.
2. Request a reversal from Safaricom
If the recipient won’t send the money back, you can try to request a reversal from Safaricom. The process for doing this will vary depending on your method of contact, but you’ll usually need to provide the date, time, and amount of the transaction.
- Dial 234 or 100 to contact Safaricom Mpesa customer care and ask them to initiate the Mpesa reversal.
- Your money will be returned to your Mpesa account within 72 hours if they accept the reversal.
3. File a complaint with Safaricom customer care
If you’re unable to get your money back through the other two methods, you can file a complaint with Safaricom customer care.
Customer care will investigate the matter and may be able to help you get your money back.
Here are some additional tips for reversing money sent to the wrong Safaricom till number:
- Act quickly. The sooner you request a reversal, the more likely it is to be successful.
- Keep all documentation. Make sure you keep a copy of the transaction receipt, as well as any correspondence with the recipient or Safaricom.
- Be patient. It can take some time for a reversal to be processed.
If you’ve sent money to the wrong Safaricom till number, don’t despair. By following these tips, you can increase your chances of getting your money back.