Are you stuck while trying to transfer your WhatsApp chats from the Unofficial GB WhatsApp to the Original WhatsApp? Here’s how to do it.
This follows the announcement from the Facebook-owned firm to purge users who are using the unofficial WhatsApp applications which goes against their policy.
You will have to back up your chat history before moving to the official WhatsApp App. The name of the unsupported app you’re using determines whether you need to transfer your chat history.
Locate the name of the app by tapping More Options > Settings > Help > App info. Follow the steps below based on the name of the app: WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp.
If you’re using an app other than WhatsApp Plus or GB WhatsApp, we recommend saving your chat history before downloading the official WhatsApp app.
How to transfer GB WhatsApp chats to Official WhatsApp
We recommend following the steps below to save and transfer your chat history. Failure to follow these steps could result in the lost chat history.
Please note that we can’t guarantee this will be a successful chat history transfer because WhatsApp doesn’t support unofficial apps.
- Wait for your temporary ban to end. The timer will show you the length of the ban.
- In GB WhatsApp, tap More options > Chats > Back up chats.
- Go to Phone Settings > tap Storage > Files.
- Find the folder GB WhatsApp and tap and hold to select it.
- In the upper right corner tap More > Rename and rename the folder to “WhatsApp”.
- Navigate to the Play Store and download the official WhatsApp app. If you can’t access the Play Store, download the app here.
- In WhatsApp, verify your phone number.
- On the Backup found screen, tap Restore > Next.
- WhatsApp should load with your existing chats.