Telegram notifies users when a new contact on their phonebook has joined the App, and sometimes it can be annoying.
Here’s how to stop it.
How to Stop Telegram’s Contact Joined feature on Android
- Open your Telegram App
- Click on the three-line menu icon.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Tap on “Notifications and Sounds.”
- Next, scroll down to Events and turn off “Contact Joined Telegram.”
How to Stop Telegram’s Contact Joined feature on iPhone
- Open Telegram your Telegram App
- Tap on “Settings,” at the bottom-right corner.
- Choose “Notifications and Sounds.”
- Scroll to the bottom and turn off the “New Contacts” option.
- Telegram will no longer send you notifications when people join.