TikTok Now is the newest way to be entertained and connect with others on TikTok – a daily photo and video experience to share your most authentic moments with the people who matter the most.
TikTok Now brings the authenticity of TikTok to a whole new creative experience that connects you with those closest to you.
Making possible deeper connections and fun entertainment in an easy-to-use format, TikTok Now invites you and your friends to capture what you’re doing at the moment using your device’s front and back camera. You’ll receive a daily prompt to capture a 10-second video or a static photo to quickly and easily share what you’re up to.
In Africa, TikTok Now can be accessed from both TikTok and the new TikTok Now app. In other regions, TikTok Now will be available within TikTok, downloadable as a new TikTok Now app, or available in both formats.
TikTok will continue to enhance the user experience as it learns more about how the TikTok community will embrace the new creative format.
Empowering you to stay in control of your TikTok experience
TikTok Now has been designed with the safety and privacy of the community in mind. Creators are in control of deciding who can view or engage with their content. They can block others and choose which comments appear on their content. And if someone comes across behavior they believe may violate the Community Guidelines, they can report it for review.
In careful consideration of the safety of the community, TikTok will continue to take further steps to help support the safety and well-being of teens in particular:
- If someone under the age of 16 creates an account to use the TikTok Now app, just like TikTok, their account will be private by default
- Those under the age of 18 will not be able to share their content on the Explore feed
- People aged between 13 and 15 will have commenting options limited to Friends only to help protect against unwanted interactions
Those 18 and over have additional sharing settings. In addition to sharing with mutual friends, they can opt to share their posts with the broader TikTok Now community based on the privacy settings they have chosen.
The default setting is ‘Friends can view’. To change your privacy settings for TikTok Now:
- On the Post screen, tap Friends can view.
- Choose who you’d like to allow to view your TikTok Now posts. Friends can view: Anyone who follows you, and you follow back can view your TikTok Now. Everyone: Anyone in your area can view your TikTok Now posts. Keep in mind, people that don’t follow you or you don’t follow back can’t comment or interact with your TikTok Now posts.
TikTok has also affirmed its commitment to creating seamless ways for the community to build authentic connections as they continue to be entertained on TikTok. The new feature will be rolling out to people worldwide over the coming weeks.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.