Safaricom customers who have been on the network for at least a year but do not have a 4G smartphone can signup for a brand new 4G capable device for only Kshs.20 a day.
The 4G device is a Neon Ray Pro phone can be fully owned after a payment plan which runs for 9 months, the device retails at KES. 6,580 as the total cost.
To be eligible, customers must have a clean sheet with relevant credit reference bureaus – meaning; not be blacklisted by any financial institution for loan default.
Customers can choose to pay on a daily basis, weekly basis or even make full payment, but will receive at least 3 text messages reminding them to pay.
In case a subscriber fails to make a payment as expected for four consecutive days, the phone is automatically locked, and those who fail for a week are barred from all outgoing calls and text messages.
But for those who default for a whole month, they are automatically blacklisted, restricted from any other device loan and their details forwarded to credit reference bureaus.
How to get the device
- If you qualify on the above threshold, visit any Safaricom Shop
- You will then make KES. 1,000 down payment and pick up a brand new Neon Ray Pro phone
- An app on the device will be used to make the daily KES. 20 payments.
- One can pay extra amounts when they’re in a position to.
- There’s also a 3-day grace period for defaulted payments before the device locks only allowing access to the app for payment.
- After the first 7 days of payment, customers will get free YouTube bundles.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to email@example.com.