You can easily Register for NHIF Online and get the array of medical benefits for your overall health and that of your dependents.
National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) registers all eligible members from both the formal and informal sectors. For those in the formal sector, it is compulsory to be a member.
For those in the informal sector and retirees, membership is open and voluntary. To register as a member, fill in the Members Form.
To register for NHIF one needs:
- Scanned copy of your original ID.
- Scanned copy of your marriage certificate if applicable.
- Recent and clear passport-sized photos of you and your spouse if applicable.
Also Read: How to change NHIF hospital online
How to register NHIF as an Employed member
By law, it’s compulsory for all employed Kenyans to be registered with NHIF in Kenya.
Requirements for NHIF registration
- Copy of National ID
- Copy of Employer introduction letter
- Colored passport-size photo
- Original and copies of Birth certificates for dependants
Also read: How to Pay NHIF Via Mpesa
How to register NHIF for foreign residents
A foreign resident can apply for NHIF, one needs:
- Scanned copy of your passport or alien certificate.
- Scanned copy of your current passport photo.
Steps to follow
- Log into the NHIF web address http://www.nhif.or.ke/healthinsurance/registeronline
- On the dashboard, menu click on the ‘Self Employed’ tab
- Choose the type of identification that applies to you i.e. Kenyan Citizen or Alien Identity Card.
- A page will appear with a form with blanks for you to fill in the details.
- Enter the details carefully to avoid any registration errors.
- Upload and attach the scanned copies of your ID card or passport or alien certificate as applies to you.
- Upload and attach your scanned copy of your current passport photo.
- Attach your marriage certificate as well if applicable.
- Click on save to apply.
Once successful, NHIF will send the contributor an SMS message to confirm the status of the application. You can now begin to make your monthly (Ksh 500) contributions.
Also read: How to pay NHIF penalty via mpesa
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.