M-Akiba is open to Kenya’s citizens who have attained the legal adult age of 18 years and are in the possession of a mobile money-enabled phone
It was first issued in 2015 to help the government to develop infrastructural projects, both new and on-going. The M-Akiba bond is tax-free. The interest rate of the bond is 10% per annum, but payable semi-annually after every 6 months.
To invest in M-Akiba is easy. All transactions are through a mobile phone at the convenience of the investor. Here is how to save and make money with M-Akiba.
- To invest in M-Akiba, dial USSD Code *889# on your line.
- A prompt will appear on your screen requiring you to enter your preferred Service Personal Identification Number (PIN). Set your preferred PIN then press OK to proceed.
- Enter Your National Identity Number
The M-Akiba bond is open to Kenya’s citizens who have attained legal adult age of 18 years and are in a possession of mobile money enabled phone, a duly registered line and a valid National Identity card.
- Register to Participate in M-Akiba
After entering your National ID number, you will then be prompted to register by dialling 1.
- Accept Terms & Conditions of M-Akiba
The service will revert with the terms & conditions of M-Akiba. You are required to read and understand the terms & conditions if you are in agreement press 1 for YES.
- Complete Submission of Details
After accepting terms & conditions, you will receive notification from your network service provider informing you of your successful submission of details. You will then wait a few minutes for a confirmation message.
- Receive M-Akiba Account Details via SMS
The confirmation message will have your M-Akiba Account Number, Your Name and the activation time & date of your M-Akiba Account. To continue trading, dial *889# on your line and follow the prompts.