Are you looking to stop auto-renewal data bundles on Safaricom or premium SMS and promotions that consume your airtime without your permission?
If you ever notice that your Safaricom airtime is being deducted frequently, almost daily without you using it, there is a huge chance that you are subscribed to auto-renewal data bundles, SMS or news/alerts notifications that use your airtime.
The problem is most people do not realize while subscribing to these services, sometimes you click the wrong prompt and you are automatically subscribed to these services that will keep using your airtime.
These services are run by third-party companies and not by mobile networks. The networks merely license them to run these products, however, they make money from it.
In this article, we have provided an easy guide on how you can completely stop these unwanted services from using your airtime instantly.
If you subscribe to any of these premium SMS and data packages unknowingly or knowingly, below is how to completely Unsubscribe from them for good.
How to Stop Auto-Renewal Data, SMS and Premium Services on Safaricom:
To completely Unsubscribe from services that use your airtime on your Safaricom line without your permission.
Follow the easy steps provided below;
- Dial *456# using your Safaricom sim card
- Select the ‘STOP’ option to opt-out from the subscription
- Select ‘Promotional Messages’
- Select ‘Stop Promotional Messages’
You have successfully Unsubscribed from the premium SMS services that use your airtime.
How to completely Unsubscribe from Safaricom Auto-Renewal Data:
- Dial *544#
- Select ‘Data’
- Select ‘Unsubscribe from Auto Renewal’
The other method is to opt-out from daily, weekly or monthly auto-renewal Data.
- Dial *100#
- Select ‘My Subscriptions’
- Select ‘Active Subscriptions’, and you will be able to view all your active subscriptions that are currently using your airtime and Unsubscribe from all of them.
Unsubscribe from SMS:
- Copy the premium text message sent to you or forward the SMS to 200975.
- You can also copy the name of the sender and send that name to 200975.
You will receive a confirmation text message confirming the successful opt-out.
You can always subscribe back again in the future if you want to, but that’s basically how to opt-out from services that use your Safaricom airtime.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to firstname.lastname@example.org.