Safaricom is launching a new MPesa app that will allow MPesa users to request money from other users.
However, the application is currently available for iPhone users but will soon be made available to users on android smartphones.
How the new MPesa request works
Here’s how Safaricom MPesa users can request money from others;
- Once the app is downloaded from the store and opened users can see a “Request” tab
- The request tab allows Safaricom MPesa customers to input the mobile number of the individual they would wish to request payment.
- Next, they enter the amount which will then send a notification to the other person’s phone.
- The one being requested funds will get the request via the new app or on a text message
- Once sent, they will be able to see all requests under the “MPesa Requests” menu displaying pending, cancelled requests, and what has been received.