This article will teach you how to take a screenshot on a laptop. It covers two methods of how to do this with some tips along the way.
Well, the fact of the matter is that there are many ways to accomplish this task. But, you may want to consider taking a screenshot of just a portion of your PC screen too. This will help you greatly in creating valuable forum post, blog post, email tutorials, PDF eBooks, etc.
So, how do you take a screenshot on a PC? There are several tools out there to accomplish this. One thing to consider is if you want to just take screenshots of web pages or of your desktop.
How to take a Screenshot on a PC of Your Desktop
- Press the Print Screen key on your keyboard. It might say [PrtScn].
- Open an image editing program, such as Microsoft Paint.
- Go to the Edit menu and choose Paste, or just right-click and choose Paste.
- If told to enlarge the image, choose Yes.
Optional: Use your image editor’s crop tool to crop out unnecessary portions of the screenshot.
- Go to the File Menu and choose Save As.
- Go to the folder where you want to save your image.
- Type a file name for your image.
- Select a file type, like gif or jpg.
- And finally, click the Save button.
Tip: Generally the GIF format works best when saving screenshots of application windows. The JPEG format usually makes screenshots (especially those with text) blurry, blotchy and discoloured. And there you have it; you’ve just taken a screenshot of anything on your screen!
How to Take a Screenshot on a PC using a Browser Add-On
Depending on which browser you use there are many add-ons you can access for free. Here is a shortlist for the most popular browsers that I’ve found useful.
Google Chrome: “Awesome Screenshot”
To get this just click on the small wrench in the upper right corner on the browser, then choose “Tools” then “Extensions.” Next you’ll see a search field on the left, just simply search for “Awesome Screenshot” and install it!
You can also get this add-on for Firefox! To get it to click the orange tab that says Firefox in the upper left-hand corner of the browser. Then click “Add-ons” and you’ll see a search field in the upper right corner. Again, just do a search for “Awesome Screenshot” and install it into the browser!
Not only can you take a screenshot with this add-on, but you can crop it as well and add annotations!
So, now that you know how to take a screenshot and crop it you can now add the images to your web pages, blogs, eBooks, forum post, PowerPoint presentations, and even video!
How to take a screenshot using the Snipping Tool
- Open/Search for snipping tool on your windows search area
- Run the Snipping Tool
- Once open, click on new at the top bar menu section
- Then select the particular area to capture
- It will automatically take you to the platforms edit section
- Save the screenshot
How to Take a Screenshot on Mac
It is very easy to take a screenshot on Mac. You can capture the image available on your Mac device and can save it further in your gallery.
Screenshot the Whole Screen
- Hold down CMD and Shift, and then press 3.
- You will get the Screenshot on your desktop as a ping file.
- Screenshot Part of The Screen
- Hold down CMD + Shift, and then press 4.
- To select the area of the screen just drag crosshairs areas you want to screenshot.
- You will get the screenshot in the desktop as a ping file, labelled as ‘Screen Shot’.
Support us by following us on Google News to ensure you don’t miss out on any future updates.
Send comments, press releases, tips, and guest posts to email@example.com.