iPhone users can use the Find My app to find their lost or stolen device, the feature allows users to keep their personal information safe at the same time keeping track of the device’s location.
Procedure on how to track a lost iPhone;
- Sign in to icloud.com/find on the web
- Open the Find My app or go to iCloud.com and click Find iPhone.
- Select a device to view its location on a map.
- If the device is nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you or someone nearby finds it.
- Click Mark As Lost to remotely lock your device with a passcode and you can display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device’s lock screen.
- Erase your device. To prevent anyone else from accessing the data on your missing device, you can erase it remotely.
- Report your lost or stolen device to your wireless carrier, so they can disable your account to prevent calls, texts, and data use.
- Use the Family Sharing feature where any family member can help locate another member’s missing device.