Safaricom has introduced Faraja, a zero-interest credit service in partnership allowing customers to shop for goods up to Sh100,000 and pay later.
The new mobile service, buy now pay later is in partnership with Equity Bank and Edomx Ltd, it allows users to buy goods and services from as low as Sh20 to a maximum of Sh100,000 and pay the same amount without any extra fees.
According to Safaricom, one will only be required to repay the outstanding facility amount as advanced to you using the designated Paybill number or such other channels as provided from time to time.
Faraja is available to qualifying M-Pesa customers with an active Safaricom line, with credit limits determined by credit viability.
How to join Faraja
To opt-in to faraja, customers will be required to dial *799#, and select OPT in.
How to pay using Faraja
- Dial *799#
- Select either 1. Buy goods and Services or 2. Paybill.
- For Buy goods, you will be prompted to enter the till number, amount and M-Pesa pin
- You will receive a notification on the success/failure of your transaction.
- For Paybill, you will be prompted to enter the business number and account number, followed by M-Pesa pin.
- This service requires you to enter your M-Pesa pin at every transaction and where authentication is required.